March 2014

31
Austin is leaving the country! I am going to be a little lonely surviving the rest of my time in Togo without him, but I’ll be back in the States, too in not too long. I had lunch at Sultan’s with Julie, Austin and Kodjo before catching a taxi up to Atakpamé.

30
Julie came to Lomé! We got some pizza for dinner.

29
I took a taxi back to Lomé and skyped with Dad at the Peace Corps office. I ate dinner with Kevin and fell asleep during a movie, not because it wasn’t good, but just because I am that lame. I’ll blame it on jet lag.
21-28
I flew back to Berlin and was greeted by my study abroad friends at the airport. It was exciting to get to see everyone after three years – Aurelie came from Paris, Ulrike from Utrecht, Julia and Martina from Berlin, Petra from Sheffield, and Noops was on her way back to Albuquerque from Nairobi. The five of us invaded Julia and Martina’s apartments; I laughed so hard and ate so much mozzarella cheese. When I landed back in Accra I was greeted with a familiar wall of hot air as I stepped off the plane, and made my way to a taxi to spend the night at Hotel Obama.

15-20
I landed in Vienna and Veronica and Peter picked me up at the airport. We went to McDonalds and got some coffee before dodging the rain and heading to their apartment. It was great getting a chance to catch up with Veronica; just in case you don’t already know, she is a pretty incredible person. We ate a lot of good food, watched Freaks and Geeks, and reminisced about high school and our Peace Corps experiences. We took two daytrips, one to Salzburg and one to Linz.


14
I left Lomé for Accra and got on a plane for Berlin! Whoop!

13
I took the bus down to Lomé!

12
I made a brief visit to the environmental club, and we started to make plans for cultural week. I took a zed from school to Kara.

11
Andrea, a volunteer from Germany came to visit. She is so sweet – it was fun having her over.

10
I went to the granary with a couple groupement members to update the books and number sacks.

9
Claudine came back from women’s conference! Marie came and visited our girls’ club; they loved her.

6
I met with Théo, an officer of a local nonprofit, to talk about a small malaria project that we are going to start. After, I went to Kara and had lunch with Marie.

5
 The environmental club made a compost pile for the garden that they will be starting.

3
I came back from Lomé. I helped maman make pâte and gmoba sauce at jeunesse en mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment