April 2014

30
Stung by a scorpion!! Thanks for the internet advice Joanna :)

28
I went to Farendé for an officer meeting and to meet with Simone about the nutrition training we are having next week.

27
Girls club – we talked about women that they admire.

26
Second student training – the students presented activities that they prepared for the presentation, then we started to organize everything. By the end of the morning, we did a quick run through of what they are going to do. We are going to meet one more time in May to go over everything one last time.

25
I stopped by the school in Tchikawa to schedule the presentation for Tchikawa, and brought the sign for the well back to Kuwdé.

24
I went to the school to schedule the presentation that we’ll be doing in Farendé. Théo and I talked about the schedule for Saturday. I went to Kara to hang out with Matt and the Shanks.

21
I had lunch with Eli and Simone.

19
Student training! We had six students come for a 4-hour training. We talked about the goals of our project, what their role is, and how to give a good presentation. Two nurses from the hospital came to teach them about the causes, signs, treatment, and prevention of malaria. The team of students will give three presentations on malaria in three villages.

14
I met with Théo and we went over the schedule for our first student training.

13
We made mango jam at girls’ club – it was medium successful.

11
I went to school for the cultural week picnic. So. Much. Food.

10
The environmental club presented their dances for cultural week! They did so well!

8
The well is four meters deep! Théo and I went to Tchikawa to talk to the school director.

7
Théo and I went to the school and the hospital to get our malaria project started.

6
The people who are digging the well came!

3
I tried to change my nose ring. The situation was almost disastrous, but fortunately, everything worked out in the end.

2
The three of us waited for three hours at the post office for the bus to take us up north; we finally made it.

1
Winter, Matt, and I met with AVPE to discuss the contract with the camp site and the women who will be cooking during camp.


No comments:

Post a Comment